Take Mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day! Don’t forget to put a flower with the breakfast.
Chocolate French Toast
½ c. chocolate-flavored milk
2 Tbs. margarine or butter
4 slices of bread
1. Mix the eggs and chocolate milk together.
2. Put skillet on the burner and melt half of the butter in skillet on med. high.
3. Dip bread in milk mixture (make sure both sides are covered).
4. Place bread in heated skillet and flip when bottom side is brown.
5. Repeat until bread is gone.
*Top with syrup, cherry pie filling (or other pie fillings), powdered sugar, or peanut butter.
2 c. pancake mix
1 ½ c. milk
2 Tbs. cooking oil
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ c. dried fruit or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spread shortening on the bottom of a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
3. Mix egg, pancake mix, milk, cooking oil and cinnamon.
4. When mixed (don’t mix too much) add in dried fruit or chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into baking pan and place in preheated oven for about 10 min.
6. Cut into sections or use cookie cutters to make shapes.
*Top with Syrup, butter/margarine, powdered sugar, or peanut butter.
Yogurt and Fruit Cup
1 11oz can mandarin oranges
1 8oz can pineapple tidbits
1 cup seedless grapes
1 8oz carton lemon, orange or another flavor of yogurt
1. Drain juices out of the cans of oranges and pineapple.
2. Put all fruit in mixing bowl (oranges, pineapple, grapes).
3. Pour yogurt over fruit and gently mix all together.
4. Spoon into serving dishes (about 4).
Slices of Raisin Bread
Mom’s favorite jelly or jam
1. Toast the raisin bread.
2. Spread cream cheese on bread while bread is still warm.
3. Spread jelly or jam on right before serving to Mom.
Western Scrambled Eggs
2 Tbs. milk
1/3 c. salsa
1/2 c. grated cheese
1. Stir eggs and milk together in a non-stick skillet.
2. Heat skillet over medium heat.
3. When egg mixture begins to cook (scramble while cooking), add in salsa and 1/3 c. cheese.
4. When eggs are scrambled and cooked, sprinkle remaining cheese on top right before serving.
*Salt and pepper to taste or just give salt and pepper shakers to Mom when she is served.